School is starting soon and Westhampton-Hampton Bays Patch will be there to cover school happenings, but we can’t do it without your help.
To make sure you get the most out of Patch this school year, we invite you to get active in the news-gathering process. There are five things you can do to make sure your school and its students get all the coverage they deserve from Patch:
1. Let us know about big events and accomplishments — If you have a school-related story idea you’d like us to cover, let us know about it. Send us a news tip with details and who we should contact for more information about the story idea. Email Erica.Jackson@Patch.com
2. Add your event listings — Have an upcoming band performance? Is your school hosting an open house? Just add the news to our events calendar. We invite you to add calendar events for your school, its extracurricular activities, clubs, PTA and more.
3. Post your announcements — Want to let us know about a student, school or teacher accomplishment? Let everyone hear the news by posting your own announcements and photos. Then email Erica.Jackson@patch.com to let us know to feature your announcement in a top spot on the site.
4. Add your photos to our galleries – Throughout the school year we’ll be out gathering lots of photos of students and their activities. Be sure to add your own photos to our event-related galleries and share your memories with everyone.
5. Sign up for the newsletter — Want to find out what’s happening in area schools? Keep up with Patch every morning by signing up for our newsletter. We’ll mail you the top headlines every morning.
You can also easily and share your school's news directly with Patch readers on a regular basis. E-mail Erica.Jackson@Patch.com for details.
Remember....Patch exists to make your life ridiculously easy. If you have something you'd like to have special coverage of, or just want to get to know each other better, send me an email at Erica.Jackson@patch.com and we can chat over a cup of cofee.