Southampton Town Board members approved the town's budget schedule at their meeting on July 24.
The budget timeline is as follows:
• Friday, September 28: Supervisor files a tentative budget with the town clerk
• Tuesday, October 2: The town clerk will present the tentative budget to the Town Board at a Special Town Board Meeting
• Friday, October 5: The Town Board will hold a work session to discuss budget
• Friday, October 12: Convert the tentative budget to the preliminary budget
• October 23, 2012: Tentative date for a public hearing on the preliminary budget.
• Friday, October 26: Town Board work session to discuss budget with department heads and related personnel, as needed.
• Friday, November 2: Hold a special meeting to conduct a public hearing on the 2013 preliminary budget as needed.
• Friday, November 9: Town Board work session to discuss budget with department heads and related personnel, as needed.
• Tuesday, November 13: Special Town Board meeting at 6 p.m. to consider amendments to preliminary budget.
• Tuesday, November 20: Adoption of the 2013 operating budget