Editor’s Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
arrest reports for west of the Shinnecock Canal for the week of April 9 to April 15:
• Damon Strong, 32, of Riverhead, was arrested April 9 at 4 a.m. and charged with drunk driving, a misdemeanor, on County Road 104 in Riverside. Police said Strong had been stalking his girlfriend throughout the day and had followed her to the New York State police barracks in Riverside, where he was handed over to town police for processing after he was observed to be driving while intoxicated. Strong was charged with failing to keep right and moving unsafely from a vehicle lane, both traffic violations, and additionally, circumventing an alcohol interlock device, a class-A misdemeanor, and fourth-degree stalking, a class-B misdemeanor.
• Annemarie Grant, 45, of Islip, was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, after she was pulled over by police at 1:12 a.m. April 13 on Walker Avenue in East Quogue for failing to stop at a red light on that road, police said. In addition to DWI, Grant was charged with two traffic infractions, driving through a red light and unlicensed operation of a vehicle.
• Susan Paetz, 38, of Hampton Bays, was arrested April 2 at 1:30 p.m. for shoplifting non-food items totalling $116.50 from the Stop & Shop store on Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays, according to an arrest report. Police said a security guard observed her placing the items in a reusable store tote bag. She was charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor.
• Michael Opulente, 22, of Hampton Bays, was arrested April 8 on Flanders Road in Flanders during a traffic stop at 7:54 p.m. Cops said Opulente had a quantity of marijuana and cocaine in his car. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance seventh degree, a class-A misdemeanor, unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, and failing to stop for a stop sign, a traffic infraction.
• Carl Obrig, 59, of Calverton, was arrested April 13 in Flanders during a traffic stop by police on Flanders Road at 1:03 a.m. Upon investigation, cops said they found a quantity of marijuana weighing more than 25 grams in Obrig's vehicle. He was charged with criminal possession of marijuana in the fourth degree, a class-A misdemeanor, and two additional traffic violations.
• Joseph Panettiere, 22, of Medford, was arrested April 10 at 5:28 a.m. in Riverside relating to a criminal incident that occurred at a property on Long Neck Boulevard in Flanders, according to an arrest report. Police said Panettiere threw a large brick through a plate glass living room window at his ex-girlfriend's home, endangering two individuals who were sleeping under the window. He was charged with criminal mischief in the third degree, a felony, and second degree reckless endangerment, a class A misdemeanor.
For arrest reports from east of the Shinnecock Canal, visit .