Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
• A Southampton man, who police said was caring cocaine on March 3, was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 5th degree, a felony. Carl Runyon, 54, who was pulled over for various traffic violations on Ponquogue Avenue in Hampton Bays, was also charged with DWI, a misdemeanor and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
• Patrick Merceron, 62, of Watermill was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, after police pulled him over on Speonk Riverhead Road in Speonk on Feb, 25 for speeding. Police said Merceron also failed to use his designated lane.
• A 47-year-old Flanders man was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, on March 3 after police pulled him over on Flanders Road for driving in a reckless manner. Police also charged Remgijus Stabacinskas with traffic violations, including speeding, improper turn, failing to keep right and unreasonable speed.
• Nicholas Chrysanthos, 54, of Mattituck, was charged with criminal contempt, a misdemeanor, on March 1 after police pulled him over on Flanders Road and found his two children in his car. Police say there is an active stay away order in regards to the children. Police also charged Chrysanthos with having an unregistered car, suspended registration and improper plates. His car was impounded.
Filing a False Report
• Jose Lerma, 22 of Flanders was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the third degree, a misdemeanor, on March 3. Police said the charge comes after an investigation into an incident in which Lerma said he was robbed. Lerma was also charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument in the second degree and harassment in the second degree, both misdemeanors.
• Kenneth Futoma, 37, of Hampton Bays was charged with criminal trespass in the second degree, a misdemeanor, on March 2 after police caught him trying to gain access to a residence on Kyle Road. Police said Futoma ran on foot, however, police were able to nab him.
• Maria Chucuy, 40, of Westhampton, was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, on Feb. 18 after an investigation that stemmed from a larceny that occurred on Montauk Highway in Westhampton on Feb. 15.
Failure to Register
• Charles Johnson, 45, of Weatly Heights, was charged with failure to register as a sex offender. Johnson was caught by police on Center Drive South in Riverside.
• A 20-year-old homeless woman was charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, on Feb. 19 after police attempted to charge her on a bench warrant. Police report Kelly Tremel, who was stopped on Flanders Road in Riverside, attempted to flee on foot, but was caught after a struggle.
To read arrests made east of the canal, click here.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.