Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Pair Charged With Trespassing at Former Foggy Goggle
• Kelly E. Stradinger, 25, of Hampton Bays, and John Z. Martinolich, 27, who police said is homeless in Hampton Bays, were both arrested Dec. 31 at 1:03 p.m. in Hampton Bays and charged with criminal trespass in the third degree, a misdemeanor. Police said they were found asleep inside 80 Montauk Highway, the former Foggy Goggle location, at 12:06 p.m. that day.
Driving While Intoxicated
• Recep Kocyigit, 46, of Hampton Bays, was arrested Jan. 1 at 1:57 a.m. and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and moving from his travel lane unsafely, a traffic infraction. Kocyigit was driving westbound on Montauk Highway when he was pulled over by police near the Ponquogue Avenue intersection and found to be driving drunk after failing several sobriety tests, according to the arrest report.
• Matthew J. Cruz, 31, of Ridge, was arrested Jan. 2 at 2:10 p.m. on Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays and charged with DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the third degree, both misdemeanors, as well as consuming an alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle, a traffic infraction. Police said Cruz was pulled over because he is wanted for questioning in relation to a larceny, and police discovered he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest and he smelled of alcohol. He was additionally charged with having an uninspected motor vehicle, an infraction.
• Gregorio Vazquez, 51, of Flanders, was arrested Jan. 1 at 3:40 p.m. on Priscilla Avenue in Flanders and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the first degree-alcohol related, a felony. Police said Vazquez was pulled over for failing to maintain his lane and found to be driving drunk. His vehicle was impounded due to a prior DWI conviction, according to the arrest report. He was additionally charged with being an unlicensed driver, a violation.
• Juan C. Martinez, 32, of Riverhead, was arrested Jan. 5 at 12:25 a.m. on Flanders Road in Riverside and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, as well as moving from his lane of travel unsafely, a traffic infraction. Police said Martinez was pulled over for not staying in his lane and was found to be driving drunk.
• Lizbeth V. Sanchez, 48, of Hampton Bays, was arrested Dec. 21 at 3:23 p.m. at King Kullen in Bridgehampton and charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor. Police said store security personnel saw Sanchez put items from her shopping basket into her bag and leave without paying.
• Anton Gerard Mack, 22, of Riverhead, was arrested Jan. 6 at 1:23 a.m. on Bellows Pond Road in Flanders near the intersection with Flanders Road, in Hampton Bays, and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fifth degree, a felony, criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, a misdemeanor, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Police said Mack was pulled over for turning left without signaling. According to the arrest report, the strong odor of burnt marijuana was coming from the vehicle and Mack, upon being asked, showed the marijuana to the police officer. A search turned up more marijuana, plus cocaine and ecstasy, police said.
• Terence S. Fuentes, 41, of Riverside, was arrested Jan. 1 at 12:45 p.m. on Maynard Street in Riverside and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, a misdemeanor, and a parole violation. Police said Fuentes was “observed in a high drug traffic area and was questioned for his motives. According to the arrest report, Fuentes ran but was found getting into the passenger side of a vehicle an attempting to hide a prescription bottle containing Xanax and hydrocodone under the seat.
• Jeffrey Scott Grogan, 20, of Center Moriches, was arrested Jan. 5 at 10:24 p.m. on Lake Avenue in Northampton and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, a misdemeanor. Police said Grogan was in the front passenger seat of a car parked at Wildwood Bowl, “acting in a suspicious manner.” He was searched, and small baggies of heroin were found on him, according to the arrest report.
Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
• Carl Graves, 53, of Riverhead, was arrested Dec. 31 at 1:30 p.m. at police headquarters in Hampton Bays and charged with failing to register as a sex offender, a felony. Police said Graves was arrested by Amityville police was drinking in public turned over to Southampton’s custody.
• A 37-year-old Riverhead man was arrested Jan. 5 at 4:47 a.m. on Ludlam Avenue in Riverside and charged with burglary in the first degree and assault in the second degree, both felonies, and criminal obstruction of breathing, a misdemeanor. Police said he entered the victim’s home and punched the victim in the head and face numerous times. The victim was taken to a hospital for treatment. Patch is witholding the suspect's name because police said his arrest was related to a domestic incident.