Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Menacing, Criminal Possession of a Weapon
• Margaret McNamee, 33, of Flanders, was arrested Feb. 21 at 9:06 a.m. at home after her boyfriend told police that McNamee struck him in the face with a small wooden baseball bat, broke a picture frame on his wall — and threatened him with a gun. According to the arrest report, the incident occurred an hour and a half earlier at another address.
McNamee was charged with menacing in the second degree, a felony, criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree, a misdemeanor, and harassment in the second degree, a violation.
• David Joseph Baird, 53, of Riverside, was arrested Feb. 22 at police headquarters in Hampton Bays and charged with criminal contempt in the second degree, a misdemeanor. Police said Baird turned himself in on an arrest warrant for violating an order of protection on Feb. 10.
• John Vincent Bianchi, 51, of Hampton Bays, was arrested at home on Feb. 23 on an outstanding warrant issued by Southampton Town Justice Court for assault in the third degree, a misdemeanor. Police said Bianchi repeatedly punched someone on Dec. 7 at 9 p.m. in Hampton Bays, causing injury.
Driving While Intoxicated
• Daniel M. Lehman, 66, of Hampton Bays, was arrested Feb. 24 at 1:36 p.m. near the intersection of East Tiana Road and Montauk Highway West in Hampton Bays after police said they tried to pull him over and he initially failed to comply. Lehman was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and moving from lane unsafely, a traffic infraction. Police said Lehman was pulled over for failing to maintain his lane and having a cracked windshield and missing driver’s side mirror. According to the arrest report, Lehman had the odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath, slurred speech and unsteady feet.
Cocaine Possession, Driving While Intoxicated
• Ronald T. Kassl, 37, of Hampton Bays, was arrested Feb. 19 at 1:13 a.m. on Montauk Highway in Water Mill after police said he was seen driving in and out of driveways of closed businesses, then failing to signal a turn. According to the arrest report, Kassl was pulled over and found to be drunk and in possession of cocaine. Kassl was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree and DWI, both misdemeanors.
Circumventing an Interlock Device
• Raul Valerio, 28, of Hampton Bays, was arrested Feb. 19 at 9:17 a.m. at the County Road 39 and Shrubland Road intersection in Southampton and charged with circumventing an interlock device and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the second degree-alcohol related, both misdemeanors, as well as failing to obey a traffic control device, a traffic infraction. Police said Valerio made an illegal left turn onto Shrubland Road when he was pulled over and found to be driving with a revoked licensed in a vehicle without a court-ordered interlock device on the ignition, which is designed to prevent a vehicle from starting if the driver has alcohol on his breath.
For arrests east of the Shinnecock Canal, visit Southampton Patch.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.