The following arrests were made by Southampton Town Police this past week. A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
• Sandra Ortiz-Parra, 34, of Jackson Heights, was arrested on North Road in Hampton Bays on Sep. 2 at around 2:45 a.m. on a misdemeanor DWI charge and unsafe backing, a violation. Southampton Town police said Ortiz-Parra had parked a 2005 Acura across the southbound lanes of North Road, blocking traffic. When police approached her, they claim she stepped on the gas pedal and floored the vehicle in reverse, nearly hitting the arresting officer. Ortiz-Parra did poorly on a field sobriety test and was taken into custody, police said.
• William Ramirez-Munoz, 39 of Queens, was arrested on the Ponquogue Bridge in Hampton Bays on Sep. 1 and charged with aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor, as well as failure to signal and failure to use a designated lane, both violations. According to police, Ramirez-Munoz was heading eastbound on Dune Road at around 8:45 p.m. when he attempted to make a left turn onto the Ponquogue Bridge without using a signal. Police followed him onto the bridge where they noticed he was weaving in and out of his lane. Police stopped him and took him into custody after he did poorly on a field sobriety test.
• Kevin Messing, 24, of New York City, was arrested on Dune Road in Hampton Bays on Sep. 1 on a charge of aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor, as well as insufficient use of lights, a violation. According to police, Messing was initially stopped at around 5:15 a.m. when they noticed he was driving a 2010 Lexus without any lights on. Police said he had a strong smell of alcohol on his breath and failed both a field sobriety test and a breathalyzer.
• Brian Brown, 25, of Baiting Hollow, was arrested on Lynn Avenue, near Woodridge Road, in Hampton Bays on Sep. 1 on a misdemeanor DWI charge, as well as moving lanes unsafely and not using lamps, both violations. Police said Brown was driving a 2005 Dodge on Lynn Avenue and was stopped for both failing to maintain his lane and having a broken tail light. It was then that police said they noticed a strong smell of alcohol on his breath. Police took Brown into custody after he allegedly failed a field sobriety test.
• Douglas Janlewicz, 21, of Riverhead, was arrested on Dune Road in Hampton Bays on Sep. 2 with a charge of aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor, after they said he was swerving so badly he nearly struck a pedestrian walking along the road. According to police Janlewicz was driving a 1994 Honda Accord east on Dune Road at around 5 a.m. when officers noticed he was weaving in and out of his lane and speeding. He was also issued summonses for moving lanes unsafely, driving with an incorrectly functioning muffler and speeding.
• Carlos Arana, 31, of Brentwood, was arrested on Flanders Road, near Old Riverhead Road, in Hampton Bays on Sep. 2 with a misdemeanor DWI, as well as unsafely changing lanes and failure to signal, both violations. According to police, Arana was initially stopped at around 8 a.m. for the traffic violations.• Martin Murphy, 22, of Patchogue, was arrested in Hampton Bays on Sep. 1 on a misdemeanor DWI charge. Police said Murphy was driving a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee along Montauk Highway when he was stopped for the traffic violations. Police said they smelled the alcohol on his breath and he failed a field sobriety test.
• Alex Mazariegos, 37, of Hampton Bays, was arrested on Canoe Place Road, near Fanning Avenue, in Hampton Bays on Sep. 1, charged with DWI, a misdemeanor and a seatbelt violation. According to police, Mazariegos was driving an unregistered 2002 Ford pickup southbound on Canoe Place Road at around 4 p.m. when he made an unsafe turn. After he was arrested, the truck was impounded for lack of insurance or registration.
• Steven Easton, 36, of Hampton Bays, was arrested on Flanders Road, near Bellows Pond Road, in Hampton Bays on Aug. 30 and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor and speeding, a violation. According to police, Easton was driving a 2007 Mercedes on Flanders Road at around 12:30 a.m. when he was stopped for speeding.
• Brian Mitchell, 30, of Floral Park, was arrested on Bellows Pond Road in Hampton Bays on a charge of aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor. According to police, Mitchell was driving a 2004 Dodge northbound on Bellows Road when he lost control of the vehicle and ran off the road. Police said Mitchell struck a fire hydrant, several bushes and trees before finally coming to a rest. When police arrived they determined that Mitchell was intoxicated and he was taken into custody. He was also issued a summons for moving lanes unsafely, a violation.
• Brad Lauren, 46 of New York City, was arrested in Bridgehampton on Aug. 27on a charge of aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor, and failure to keep right, a violation. According to police, Lauren was driving a 1993 Land Rover at around 3:30 a.m. when he drove off the road and crashed at the intersection of Montauk Highway and the Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike. Police said Lauren called 911 to report the accident and when police arrived they noticed he was intoxicated. Police said he failed a field sobriety test.
• Jenel Russell, 25, of East Hampton, was arrested on Montauk Highway in Sagaponack on Aug. 26 and charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both misdemeanors, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. He was also charged with non-transparent windows and having an unregistered vehicle, both violations. Police said Russell was initially pulled over at around 5:45 p.m. for the window violation when they discovered the 2007 Toyota he was driving was not registered. They also noticed a strong scent of marijuana. Police searched the vehicle and found a small baggy with a clear substance inside and marijuana plant leaves in the trunk.