Crimes and suspicious incidents recently reported to the Southampton Town Police Department, west of the Shinnecock Canal:
Woman Touched in Her Sleep
• A Westhampton woman told police that on Aug. 10 she was awoken by a person touching her between the legs. She said the person must have entered through an unlocked sliding door on the back of the house, then entered the master bedroom. When she woke, the person left through the sliding door and jumped the fence, breaking the fence in the process.
• An East Quogue woman told police Aug. 11 that her son, who does not live with her, came into her house Aug. 11 and took $35,000 cash, a black Rolex watch and a gold Rolex, valued at $23,000, 2,500 Euros, and a $40,000 Jeep Wrangler.
• A Remsenburg man told police Aug. 4 that sometime since July 28 someone entered his home using a garage code and took three humidifiers, a Coleman grill, two wheelbarrows, a leafblower, a vacuum and two pool floats.
• A Hampton Bays man told police Aug. 8 that while reviewing surveillance video he saw that on July 21 a man entered his property in Riverside on Peconic Avenue and took a $2,000 Mission Jimmy Lewis paddleboard and a $1,000 Joy Ride Board Works paddleboard.
• A Southampton woman told police July 6 that sometime overnight someone broke the driver's side window of his vehicle and took a $200 Prada chain, a brown wallet, $25 cash, a driver's license, a Bank of American debit card, a Discover card.
• A homeowner in East Quogue told police that while he was at his primary residence in the Bronx, his East Quogue neighbor witnessed a man go onto his property and take seven chaise lounge chairs, white with aluminum legs, and two custom vinyl chairs. The man reportedly told the neighbor he had permission, but the neighbor called the owner anyway.
• A Hampton Bays woman told police that after arriving home from Meschutt Beach in Hampton Bays July 16 she noticed the hood ornament on her Jaguar was missing.
• A Hampton Bays man told police Aug. 5 that sometime since Aug. 1 his mailbox at his residence on Wakeman Road was damaged.
• A Hampton Bays woman old police Aug. 5 that sometime overnight someone tried to break into her shed at her Allison Lane residence. She discovered the lock was broken, but no items were taken.
• A Hampton Bays woman told police that between Aug. 3 and Aug 5. someone spraypainted the fence at her Long Lane home. It reads "TNO" with a circle above the circle.
• An East Quogue woman told police Aug. 8 that on Aug. 4 someone made an unauthorized charge to her American Express for $493.35. American Express cleared the charge and issued a new card. The items were ordered online from Office Depot to Levitown, but was stopped before shipment.
• A Hampton Bays woman told police that on July 26 and Aug. 1 unauthorized withdrawals were made from her Suffolk County National Bank account. Each was for $175, made from "T.O.E.FliBT Test." She contacted the company, which said it would investigate why it made a withdrawal.
• A Riverside man told police Aug. 11 that he heard someone try to open an east window on his Pegs Lane house. He went outside and saw a person fleeing, he said. A K-9 unit checked the area but did not find the suspect.
• A Northampton man told police Aug. 9 that two collectable knives, with a total value of $200, were taken from his dresser drawer, but they also could have just been misplaced.