• Joseph Ronning, 71, of New York City, was arrested on a drunken driving charge after police pulled him over for speeding through a school zone on the afternoon of Nov. 19. Police said he was driving a 2003 BMW east on Montauk Highway when they stopped him near Bay Avenue North at about 3 p.m. He was charged with aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor, and speeding, a violation.
• Robert Haff Jr., 34, of Manorville, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor DWI after he was allegedly caught speeding on Old Country Road on Nov. 19. Police said he was doing 57 mph in a 40 mph zone in a 2007 Land Rover at about 4:20 p.m. He appeared intoxicated and did poorly on field sobriety tests, they said.
• Hoblister Rojas-Cruz, 38, of Southampton, was arrested on a drunken driving charge after he allegedly tried to leave the scene of a two-car accident on Nov. 23. Police said they saw him getting out of the driver’s side of the car on Canoe Place Road and Montauk Highway before he bolted at around 7:30 p.m. There was a short foot pursuit, before officers caught up with him. Then, he allegedly fought with two officers, kicking and struggling with them. He was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center with minor injuries and released back into police custody. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, leaving the scene of an accident with property, a violation, and driving without a license, a violation.
• A 19-year-old Hampton Bays man was arrested after a fight with his sister at a house on Montauk Highway West on Nov. 19 at about 11:20 p.m. He allegedly broke a glass tabletop and the glass partition of the storm door. He was taken to Southampton Hospital due to cuts on his hands, and he released back into police custody. He was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief, a misdemeanor, on Nov. 20 at about 1:45 a.m.
• James Kaer, 59, of Hampton Bays, was arrested on a drunken driving charge on Shore Road after he crashed into a parked car on Nov. 20 at about 8:30 p.m. Police said he appeared intoxicated and failed field sobriety tests. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor. No injuries were reported.
• A 48-year-old Riverhead man was arrested for breaking a trunk lock in Hampton Bays and taking speakers and a box without permission, police said. He was arrested on Nov. 16 at about 10 p.m. and released on an appearance ticket. He was charged with petty larceny and fourth-degree criminal mischief, both misdemeanors, for the incident that happened on Old Riverhead Road West on Nov. 15 at about 3:15 a.m.
• Dennis Wayne Eader, 73, of Hampton Bays, was arrested for allegedly driving drunk on West Montauk Highway and East Tiana Road on Nov. 24 at about 2 a.m. Police said they saw him swerving in a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer. When they pulled him over, they said he appeared intoxicated. He was charged with misdemeanor DWI and a traffic infraction.
• Aureliano Robles-Raymundo, 32, of Hampton Bays, was arrested on a drunken driving charge on Nov. 16. Police said he was pulled over in a 2002 Ford F15 pickup truck for failing to maintain his lane and speeding — 70 mph in a 40 mph zone — on Flanders Road, near Cypress Avenue, at 12:48 a.m. He appeared intoxicated and was unable to perform field sobriety tests, police said. He was charged with driving while intoxicated and driving with a suspended registration. Police later found he had switched his plates and had no insurance.
• Ronald Smith, 47, of Greenport, was arrested on a felony DWI charge after he was stopped for speeding on CR-51 on Nov 20. State Police said he was driving at 87 mph in a 55 mph zone. Smith was held overnight in the Suffolk County Sheriff's Facility and arraigned in the Suffolk County 1st District Court. Police did not indicate why it was a felony arrest.