Editor’s Note: The following information was supplied by the . A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate convictions.
Southampton Town police arrest reports from west of the Shinnecock Canal for the week of June 25 through July 1:
Driving While Intoxicated
• Dominique A. Huett, 30, of Dallas, Texas, was arrested July 1 at 2:29 a.m., in Hampton Bays and charged with DWI and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors. Police said Huett was swerving westbound over the double yellow line on Montauk Highway East and she refused to pull over. When she finally did stop, she sped into a driveway of a business then fled on foot, police said. When she was apprehended, “her breath smelled highly of an alcoholic beverage” and she refused to be handcuffed, the arrest report states. Huett was additionally charged with refusing a chemical test and multiple vehicle and traffic infractions.
• Gabino T. Velasquez, 30, of Flanders, was arrested July 1 at 7:16 p.m. on Flanders Road in Riverside and charged with aggravated DWI, a misdemeanor, driving without a license and other traffic infractions. Police said Velasquez was observed failing to stop and failing to maintain his lane when making a left turn onto Flanders Road from Cypress Avenue. When he was pulled over by police, it was discovered he was intoxicated, according to the arrest report.
• William Robert Noelte, 51, of Middletown, Rhode Island, was arrested June 18 at 1:29 a.m. on Flanders Road in Riverside and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, and refusing a breath screening test. Police said he was charged after being pulled over for failing to maintain his lane of travel on Lake Avenue.
• Daniel D. Matos-Gonzalez, 21, of Hampton Bays was arrested June 30 at 10:23 p.m. on Canal Road and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the third degree, both misdemeanors, as well as driving at an unreasonable speed and making an improper turn, both traffic infractions. Police said he was stopped after making an unsafe turn into the Meschutt Beach parking lot and found to have a suspended license and several pills. He was taken to police headquarters in Hampton Bays for processing.
• Willie R. Ross, 60, of Riverhead, was arrested June 27 at 1:52 a.m. on Vail Avenue in Riverhead and charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree and attempted assault in the second degree, both felonies. Police said Ross picked up a 3-foot piece of aluminum and struck a female acquaintance in the head. He was arrested at the scene and taken to police headquarters in Hampton Bays for processing, according to the arrest report.
• Gail K. Macri, 50, of Hampton Bays, was arrested June 26 at 9:47 p.m. and charged with assault in the second degree, a felony, and criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree, a misdemeanor. Police said Macri used a glass coaster and glass candle jar to strike a victim.
• A 17-year-old Hampton Bays boy was arrested June 28 at 3:54 a.m. and charged with assault in the third degree and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors. Police said they responded to the teen’s home regarding an assault complaint that was filed from Southampton Hospital. He was drunk and raised his hands, refusing to be handcuffed, according to the arrest report. According to an incident report, a Hampton Bays teen reported that the suspect, his former friend, approached him and hit him in face without provocation, breaking his nose.
Criminal Possession of Stolen Property, Obstructing Governmental Administration, Petty Larceny
• Bobby Riddick, 45, of Mastic, was arrested July 1 at 5:07 p.m. on the County Road 94 traffic circle in Riverside and charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree, obstructing governmental administration in the second degree and petty larceny, all misdemeanors, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Police said Riddick was the rear passenger in a 2007 Ford that was stopped on suspicion of a larceny of at Macy’s when he jumped out and ran. He was apprehended and charged, according to the arrest report. An incident report states that several hundred dollars worth of clothing were stolen.
• Police also arrested Darris Riddick, 43, of Riverhead. He was charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree, petty larceny, criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, all misdemeanors, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a vehicle and Failed to Appear on a Bench Warrant.
For arrest reports from east of the Shinnecock Canal, visit Southampton Patch.