Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate guilt.
- On Sept. 16, Melvin Rodriguez, 32, of Hampton Bays, was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, after his car was stopped on Neptune Avenue in Hampton Bays at 12:34 a.m. Police say Rodriguez also was in possession of an open container of alcohol while driving and unlicensed operation of a vehicle, both violations.
- On Sept. 16, Miguel Cruz, 21, of Brentwood, was arrested for DWI in Riverside on Flanders Road at 12:28 a.m. Cops say Cruz failed to maintain his lane of traffic and was found to be intoxicated.
- Reinaldo Garcia, 32, of Shirley, was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, on Sept. 13. Police said they observed Garcia driving erratically on Flanders Road in Hampton Bays at 3:01 p.m. and was unable to pass roadside sobriety tests.
- Sharon Russell, 62, of Washington PA., was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, after her car was stopped in Hampton Bays on Bellows Pond Road at 12:31 a.m. on Sept. 15. Police say Russell had trouble maintaining her lane of traffic and failed all sobriety tests.
- Vincent Braunskill, 40, of Riverhead, was arrested Sept. 14 at 10:11 p.m. on Flanders Road in Riverside. Cops say Braunskill was in possession of a small quantity of cocaine and a crack pipe. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, a misdemeanor.
Obstructing Governmental Administration
- Christopher Griffin, 43, was charged with obstructing governmental administration, an A misdemeanor, at police headquarters in Hampton Bays on Sept. 5. Police say Griffin was involved in a reportable traffic accident in Noyac in early August but left the scene.
To view arrests east of the canal, visit Southampton Patch here.