Editor’s Note: The following information was supplied by the Southampton Town Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation and does not indicate guilt.
- Kenneth Futoma, 37, of Hampton Bays, was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor, in East Quogue Sept. 19 at 12:22 p.m. after he was stopped on Adams Lane. Police reported that Futoma admitted to consuming alcohol and taking two prescription medications, Ambien and Tramazol.
- Melvin Rodriguez, 32, of Hampton Bays, was arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge in Hampton Bays Sept. 14 at 9:52 p.m. Police say they stopped Rodriguez' vehicle on Neptune Avenue and found him to be in an intoxicated state.
- Reinaldo Garcia, 32, of Shirley, was charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor on Sept. 13 in Hampton Bays after his car was pulled over on Red Creek Road at 3:01 p.m.
- On Sept. 17, police charged Miguel Cruz, 21, of Brentwood, after his car was stopped on Flanders Road in Riverside. Cruz was charged at 10:52 p.m. with DWI, a misdemeanor.
- Brandon Escante, 20, of Riverhead, was charged on Sept. 22 at 7:27 a.m. after he was stopped by police on Red Creek Road in Hampton Bays for speeding. Cops said Escante provided a false ID and was charged with criminal impersonation in the second degree, an A misdemeanor.
- In Flanders Sept. 20, Melissa McFarland, 25, of Flanders, was arrested at 11:46 a.m. on three misdemeanor charges of second-degree menacing, criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree and false personation. Police said McFarland threatened another woman on Cypress Avenue with a steak knife.
- Stanley Sadowski, 49, of Southampton, was charged on Sept. 18 at 1:01 p.m. in Hampton Bays after police said Sadowski violated an order of protection when he visited a family residence on Woodridge Road. Criminal contempt in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.
For arrests east of the canal, click here.