A sure way to keep your holiday season merry and bright is to take time to participate in the magic this time of year provides. Why not hit a local theater, many of which are beautiful and historic, and see a show? Here are 11 local venues to see a show.
1. The Nutcraker Sweet Ballet will be performed at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center on Dec. 15 at 7 p.m. and Dec. 16 at 3 p.m. Tickets are $15.
2. A Christmas Carol, (holiday show)is playing at the John W. Engeman Theater in Northport. This story of Ebenezer Scrooge is playing now through Jan. 6. As part of the youth theater series, the holiday classic - Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer - will be running through Jan. 6.
3. Presented by the Arena Players Children’s Theater, Beauty and the Beast's Magical Christmas, is now playing at the Arena Players Repertory Theater in Centerport through Dec. 23.
4. At the Smithtown Center for the Performing Arts one of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s most beloved musicals – The Winter Wonderettes, is playing through Dec. 23.
5. The Seiskaya Ballet production of the classic holiday ballet, The Nutcracker, returns to Stony Brook's Staller Center. Performances run from Dec. 14 through Dec. 17.
6. The Gateway Presents Irving Berlin’s White Christmas
Dec. 14–30 at Patchogue Theater For The Performing Arts.
7. The Broadhollow Theatre Company presents Bob's Your Elf at the Bayway Arts Center in East Islip, Dec.8- Dec. 23.
8. Coming Dec. 20, the CM Performing Arts Center presents 'Tis the Season, a Holiday Cabaret.
9. Playing at Theatre Three in Port Jefferson, through Dec. 29, is Charles Dickens’ classic A Christmas Carol. and in the children's theater, Barnaby Saves Christmas.
10. The Westhampton Beach School High School will hold its annual winter band and chorus concert on Dec. 11 at 7:30 p.m.
11. The Hampton Bays School District is holding its 5th and 6th grade winter concert on Dec. 12 in the High School auditorium, starting at 5 p.m. and on Dec. 13, the 8th and 9th grade will perform, starting at 5:45 p.m.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.