The Village of Westhampton Beach has released its tentative meeting agenda for its monthy meeting, scheduled for Thursday at 7 p.m. at Village Hall and one resident is calling on her neighbors to attend the meeting to speak about a proposed Old Riverhead Road supermarket, which is not on the agenda.
In her blog posted on Westhampton-HamptonBays Patch this week, Joy Sopitz, of Westhampton Beach asked fellow residents to attend the meeting and support a supermarket, proposed by developer Andrew Mendelson.
She wrote, "Maybe if some of us show up at the town meeting on Feb. 7th, we will be allowed to speak up to encourage the board to pass a motion to get the process started."
On the meeting agenda are the following resolutions:
- Accept minutes of Board of Trustees Meetings
- Accept Departmental monthly reports
- Refer Special Exception Application to Planning Board-Sweet Andy’s Cookies
- Refer Special Exception Application to Planning Board-Contractor’s Office
- Approve 2013 Marina Rates
- Approve 2013 Beach Rates
- Authorize Retirement of Police Officer
- Approve 2013 Shared Computer Services with Southampton Town
- Approve 2013 Electrical Inspection Services with Southampton Town
- Approve Purchase of Police Department Radio Equipment
- Authorize 2013 Stormwater Management Plan Annual Report
- Approve Snow and Ice Removal Plan
- Authorize Renewal of 2013 Boom Burger Outdoor Dining
- Authorize Renewal of 2013 Hampton Coffee Outdoor Tables, Chairs and Benches
- Authorize Renewal of 2013 Café Mambo Outdoor Dining Permit
- Authorize Use of Village Property-East End Little League
- Accept Bid for Municipal Building Office Cleaning Services
- Approve 2011–12 Fiscal Year Budget Transfers
- Approve Warrant for February 2013
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.