For some, picking out the perfect flower for the one you love, is dawnting. Patch thought this list from Jennifer Marchese of of Westhampton Beach might be of help.
1. ROSE: Love, passion, perfection (most popular, and the colors like white symbolize purity in love. Red=passion and yellow=friendship, although it is largly the second favorite color when purchasing flowers, yellow is a close second seller to red.
2. CARNATIONS: Fascination, also the birth flower for January.
3. DAISY: Innocence, loyal love.
4. FLYTRAP: Deceit
5. GLADIOLUS: Strength of character, remembrance. Very common for memorializing a lost love.
6. IVY: Fidelity, wedded love, friendship
7. LILY: Majesty, wealth
8. PEONIES: weatlth and happiness — usually the most expensive flower you can buy
9. IRIS, BLUE: Faith, hope, February's Birth Flower
10. ORCHID: Rare beauty, love, refinement