While the Quogue Wildlife Refuge is a popular spot in the for hiking and visiting with resident creatures, in the winter, the 305-acre preserve transforms into a winter wonderland with trails for cross-country skiers.
With snow now on the ground and more snow possibly on the way this weekend, a number of people have strapped on their skis and ventured out onto the scenic trails.
According to the wildlife refuge, both snowshoes and skis are available for free for members of the refuge and non-members can rent them for $5.
Rentals are available Tuesdays, Thursdays, and weekends from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, call the refuge at 631-653-4771.
- The Quogue Wildlife Refuge has a lot to Offer Your Family
- Wildllife Refuge's Winter Wonderland
- People You Should Know: Michael and Marisa Nelson
- A Walk Through the Quogue Wildlife Refuge
- VIDEO: Inside the Quogue Wildlife Refuge
- PHOTOS: Quogue Wildlife Refuge Shows Its Fall Colors
- VIDEO: Christmas Eve at The Quogue Wildlife Refuge
- Photos: A Summer Walk Through the Quogue Wildlife Refuge
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.