Some of Dune Road's landscape has forever been changed by Hurricane Sandy, which barreled through the area on Oct. 29, demolishing dunes and sweeping sand across the barrier island's main artery, making it virtually impassable in some areas.
While clean-up commences and town and village workers continue to move tons of sand, here is a look at some Dune Road landmarks before and after Hurricane Sandy.
- PHOTOS: Hurricane Sandy Batters Dune Road
- Town Looks to Raise Dune Road With Sandy Sand
- Readers Share Photos of Dune Road After Hurricane Sandy
- Enlarging Cupsogue Beach Breach To Be Filled In
- Photos: Dune Road Opens After Sandy; Homeowners Begin to Assess Damage
- Aerial Photos: Sandy Wreaks Havoc on Hamptons Shoreline
- Dredge Equipment Arrives at Cupsogue; DEC Commissioner Tours Breach Site
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.