Hurricane Sandy's wrath has many residents, who are under evacuation orders and others who are out-of-town, concerned about the state of their property.
Over the past two days, Westhampton-Hampton Bays Patch has been inundated with calls, e-mails, texts and Facebook messages from homeowners looking for a shimmer of information about their homes. Patch has done our best to provide as much information as possible with the help of our readers.
To assist further, Patch is asking residents looking for information to ask their questions in the comment section below and in turn, we ask anyone with information to respond in the comment section (you can also post photos). Patch will also do our best to find answers.
Be sure to also continue to check back at Patch as we continue to work around the clock to cover Sandy's aftermath. A round-up of all our Hurricane Sandy posts can be found here. And the latest on Dune Road can be found here.
To start off the questions, here are some recent ones we have been asked:
- Aluson asked, "Any info on remsenburg? Specifically Rogers lane?"
- Brian asked, "Has anyone been down west tiana in hampton bays? I'm interested to know the extent of the flooding. Live near Rolling Hill Rd and Romana Drive."
- FergusFson asked, "Anybody know about Tanners Neck Lane in Westhampton?"
- Tacey White asked, "Also worried about Shinnecock Shores in East Quogue. Any news?"
- Brian asked,"Has anyone been down west tiana in hampton bays? I'm interested to know the extent of the flooding. Live near Rolling Hill Rd and Romana Drive."
- Jen asked, "Anyone know how Duvall drive and bay ave in Hampton bays are, and if they flooded at all?"
- Melissa Coates asked, "Anyone know how Westhampton near the creek that feeds Beaver Dam Pond faired? My grandparents live on Bishop Ave."
- Snow Goose asked, "Anyone know what it looks like around Sunset Avenue and Phillips Point/Phillips Creek in East Quogue? Any info or pics available?"
- Carol Agdern asked, "Does anyone have info about Tiana Shores?"
- Mmg asked, "Does anyone know if water level in Beaver Lake rose? How beaver Lane West is? Near Montauk hgwy and Old Country Rd? Can't reach anyone and am overseas."
- Aluson asked, "Is there any info on flooding or damage in remsenburg? Specifically Rogers lane, won't be able to get out there for a few days to check on things."
- Bconnolly asked, "Waiting for information on Pond Point - small cottage peninsula, just west of Jettys 4."
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.