Every year we resolve to eat healthier, exercise more and finally get in shape. Too often, we end up right back in our hustle and bustle routine and our resolutions fly out the window. You've got another chance. Visit one of these spots next week and you'll be sure to feel great knowing your good intentions haven't gone to waste.
1. If you are looking for a reasonably priced fitness club, try right in Hampton Bays. They are famous for their "Judgment Free Zone," so it may be the perfect spot to get your New Year's resolution off the ground.
2. For excellent facilities and family centered fitness, try Sportime in East Quogue. They offer tennis, fitness classes ranging from yoga to kick-boxing, state of the art equipment, and even summer camps. Sportime has a heated outdoor pool, multisport courts and a number of indoor and outdoor tennis courts. Visit Sportime at Route 104 in East Quogue or call (631) 653.6767 for more information.
3. The , the Quogue Library and the all offer fitness classes. The Senior Center has "Stretch and Tone Exercise Classes." The Quogue Library is offering "Mat Pilates with Michelle." The Hampton Bays Library has "Fun & Fitness for 50s and up" in both English and Spanish. Contact the Hampton Bays Senior Center, or the library of your choice to find out more.
4. For a personalized, intimate setting to learn or practice Kripalu Yoga, then Kara Yoga on Shell Road in Hampton Bays may be the ideal place. The small class size and personalized teaching will help you get on your way to feeling physically and mentally rejuvenated. Contact Kara at (631) 566.8816 for more information.
5. Think out of the box. Trying a completely new sport may be the way to activate your New Year's resolution. The ATA Black Belt Academy in Hampton Bays has karate classes for all levels from "tiny tigers" to adults. The classes take place at Christ Our Savior Church at 9 Terrace Drive in Hampton Bays. Call (631) 987.4823 for more information.
6. Looking for a full fitness assessment, private personal training, in-home training or bootcamp classes? Contact . They have two fantastic studios right on Main Street in Southampton.
7. Westhampton Beach also has a great studio for those interested in yoga. At Hamptons Beach Yoga the choice of classes is great. Choose from Vinyasa Flow, Yogilates, Power Yoga or why not try Japanese Karate? Hamptons Beach Yoga is located at 132-6 Main Street in Westhampton Beach. Call (631) 288.6844 for more information.
8. The name says it all. in Southampton is not just a gym - it embodies the culture of being fit. Radu is fully equipped with a weight room, basketball courts, a cardio center and much more. They also offer wide variety of classes.
9. The has three locations including , and East Hampton Gym. They have an extensive offering of classes ranging from "Ropes gone wild" to "Gentle Yoga" as well as excellent fitness equipment in spacious locales.
10. Want a fitness program designed just for you? At in Southampton, personalized fitness, including individualized training will have you on you way to looking and feeling great. They also offer classes including yoga, spinning and Pilates.