According to the eatery's Facebook Page, 1 North will officially open its doors at 5:00 p.m.
The move comes after 1 North was forced to close its doors as part of a controversial canal project proposed by cousins Gregg and Mitchell Rechler, of R Squared LLC that aims to bring 40 townhouses to the property, also home to the dilapidated Canoe Place Inn, which is slated to be rebuilt as part of the project.
The project also prescribed the closing of the popular Tiderunners Restaurant in September to the dismay of many community members, who signed a petition in hopes of saving the waterfront business.
The owners of 1 North, however, were able to find a new location — James Cariellow and his son, Chris, the owners of 1 North Steakhouse closed on the old Ciao Bella property on Halloween for $910,000, $89,000 cheaper than the $999,000 asking price.
Patch readers were more than thrilled to learn that 1 North would remain open though in a new location.
- mudfish: North 1 is the finest restaurant in HB and I am glad too see them staying in HB.
- Robert Petersen Closer to home for us too! That's great!
- Phil Grossman We love one north.
- Mary Joyce Ollen Can't wait!! I have never been in there.
- Patty Della Rocca Koltzan Congrats Chris!! Best of luck! The place already looks 100% better.
- Jean Linder, Professional Organizer for Long Island's East End I'm excited! I love that restaurant and I'm even closer to it now.