Back-to-school time is usually a mixed bag of emotions for both parents and students. As some residents pointed out, there are many things to like. There's the excitement of finding out who your new teacher is and what friends are in your class. New supplies and a new bus. For some students it's the prospect of a brand new school.
Then again, not everyone loves back-to-school time. Or even if you do like it, there are things that just get under your skin. With the help of our readers and followers on social media we compiled a list of the seven worst things about going back-to-school in the Hamptons.
The Seven Worst Things About Back-To-School in the Hamptons:
1. Bus traffic
2. Taking away from beach time after the tourists have gone.
3. Making school lunches at 6 a.m.
4. Missing spending time with the kids.
5. The waiting! The anticipation!
6. The media blitz that seems to start a week after the kids finish the year.
7. Shopping for supplies while the traffic is still heavy. Yuck.
Have anything to add to the list? Put them in the comments below.