The weekend is almost here. Enjoy all the fun things to do in Hampton Bays today, including a matinee at the library and finger painting for toddlers.
1. Get in shape. Town of Southampton Parks & Recreation will hold at the Lodge at Squiretown Road in Hampton Bays. The classes run until December 17. Classes are from 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. The cost is $30 for residents and $40 for non-residents. For more information, call (631) 728-8585.
2. Today is the day to finally learn computers, or just brush up on what your already know. Town of Southampton Senior services holds every Monday and Friday at the Hampton Bays Senior Center from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Contact the Senior Center for more information at (631) 728-1235.
3. Town of Southampton Senior Services holds every Monday and Friday at the Hampton Bays Senior Center. Classes begin at 10:00 a.m. All fitness levels are welcome and admission is free. For more information, call (631) 728-1235.
4. Join the Hampton Bays Library for Holiday Art Starts from Noon to 1:00 p.m. This program is for children ages 2 to 5 with parent or caregiver. The purpose is to introduce your toddler to various art media in this fun, hands-on program. Go from station to station with your child exploring finger painting, play dough modeling, drawing, brush painting & collage art with shapes & letters. All materials will have a Thanksgiving theme. For more information, call the library at (631) 728-6241.
5. Why not take in a matinee? Every month the Hampton Bays Library will focus on the films of an important personality from the American Film Institute's "100 Years…100 Lists." November's focus is on choreographer Bob Fosse. Today's film is "Damn Yankees" and show time is at 2:00 p.m. For more information, call the library at (631) 728-6241.